Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nutella Brownies

Tomorrow is my last day of classes for Fall 2011! I can't believe this day is finally here! Of course, I feel sort of sick and extremely exhausted.  I also just had a dance audition and that did not help my aching head.  What will help?  Tomorrow after I am done with classes FOREVER (or until Spring) I am getting dinner with two of my lovely friends, Ben and Tamara, and then the three of us are setting up my house for the traditional (or first ever...) Learning Community Two Holiday Party!  I can't wait to see what my secret santa got me...but more importantly, I can't wait to celebrate the end of the semester with all of my buddies in the School of Ed.

Tamara and I spent the night making delicious goodies for the party.  She made Mint Oreo Truffles:


I wanted to make something simple and delicious for my Secret Santa School of Education party.  We are all bringing something different to eat and of course I want to make a dessert.  I LOVE nutella.  That being said, I decided to make a delicious brownie recipe and stick some swirled nutella on top.  (You can do this with any brownie recipe so I highly recommend giving it a try if you have some nutella lying around).  I found a new recipe from Broma Bakery and I was intrigued by how simple it was!  I also decided to do a double batch...because you can never have enough brownies. Check it out:

Nutella Swirl Brownies

Ingredients:
8 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cup butter
4 cups sugar
6 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2-1 cup of nutella (depending on how much you want)
Before the Oven

Directions:
Two Beautiful Pans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 2 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper or cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pans.
3. Spoon tablespoon-sized drops of Nutella over the brownie batter. Using a knife, swirl the Nutella around until it is just incorporated.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Use parchment paper handles to remove brownies from pan before cutting to serve.
Enjoy :)
So yummy!

5 comments:

  1. Just made these for my volleyball girls this weekend and they LOVED them!! thanks so much Jodie!!

    love,
    Stef aka Emily's roommate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright. Decided. Baking these this weekend. My kids lived off of Nutella in Italy

    ReplyDelete